Independence Day


DSC03689_edited-1

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays.  I think living in Washington DC for a few years just gave me a new perspective on everything we celebrate.  The last time we visited DC, Phil and I were able to see the newly restored "Star-Spangled Banner."  I stood in the room bawling thinking about everything it stood for, and now every time I hear our National Anthem I get a little misty-eyed.  

Anyway, I love being able to teach our boys about the holidays and why we celebrate.  This year we went to a parade and watched some local fireworks.  Despite the above picture (we were sitting in 90 degree weather) the kids quite enjoyed the parade.  Sam waved at all the horses and tractors and Wade loved racing to pick up the candy that was thrown.  

I love this country and all the freedoms that come with it.  Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS